- Entertainment: Enjoy the music of guitarist Bruce Anthony as you shop the Market.
- Volunteer at the RBFM: If you would like to volunteer at the Market, check with Pat Coluzzi, the Market Master, at email@example.com to find out what help is needed.
Fried Okra Recipe
- 1 lb. fresh okra
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup bacon drippings
- Cut off and discard tip and stem ends from okra; cut okra into 1/2 inch thick slices. Stir into buttermilk; cover and chill 45 minutes.
- Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Remove okra from buttermilk with a slotted spoon, and discard buttermilk. Dredge okra, in batches, in the cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a dutch oven or cast-iron skillet; add bacon drippings, and heat to 375 degrees. Fry okra, in batches, 4 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels.